Hello Key Biscayne!
The Rag is happy to report that the Village is taking up the issue of the ocean water quality, even if the cause is not very well understood. Often with institutions it can be easy to see a problem but not as easy to solve it.
Anywho, enjoy what we got.
Let me tell you just one thing
Dangerously clean Last Saturday, the Miami-Dade Water & Sewer Department sent out a notice saying to stay out of the ocean around the Key. A power outage resulted in an overflow of
100,000 35,000 gallons of treated, chlorinated water into the bay. But wait, if it’s treated and chlorinated, what’s the problem? It was too much chlorine. 🙃
Get out to the Haunted Hike this weekend, Key Biscayne's spookiest Halloween experience. It's taking place Oct. 18-19 at Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park. Fun and scary for the whole family. Like a haunted house, but instead of a house, it's in the middle of a forest on top of ancient Indian burial ground. 👻
Promote your own thing.
How to plan a library
1. Miami-Dade County owns and runs the library.
2. The Village wants a deal with the County to make a bigger, better library.
3. The land and the library building were donated by Fritz Scharenberg, developer of Key Colony.
4. Fritz’s deed to the library property says it must remain a library.
5. Fritz’s deed to the library property says that if the building is changed, it’s to be reviewed by Fritz.
7. Key Colony HOA is worried about the traffic and is scared it’ll be a mega-library.
8. Key Colony HOA is mad the Village didn’t talk to them first.
9. What does Fritz think about all this?
10. Fritz is dead.
Last Week's Sales
|200 Galen 308||690||1/1||'81 $70k||$250k|
|KC II 906||1870||2/2||'06 $1.1m||$1.175m|
|Island House 1205||950||1/1.5||'00 $232k||$610k|
|CC East 106||1260||2/2||'86 $125k||$525k|
One more thing
After talking about flags last week, someone sent over this Key Biscayne seal, rejected by the Village back in the days of incorporation.
Gotta love those seagrape leaves, but not much else.
Extrapolating that shield into a flag you might get something like this:
Why the orange, though?
Not really a keeper, but still better than the current flag.
Did you like this? If you did, please forward it to your friends and tell them to subscribe at The Tropical Rag.
Read past issues in the archive.
Questions, comments, tips, or to petition for the removal of the big bridge 💥, write to email@example.com.
Is the Winn Dixie building a sports bar by the entrance? What are those beer taps for?
If you liked this, sign up!
The Tropical Rag goes out every Thursday and has all you need to know about the going-ons of Key Biscayne. Sign up below and never miss an issue.